The Rochester Community Recovery Center is looking for volunteers to assist staff in the Center’s day-to-day operations! Preference is given to volunteers who identify as being in recovery, but all members of the community are welcome.
Essential Functions Include:
- Maintains maximum level of confidentiality of information of members and records
- Makes & Answers telephone calls with proper training from Coordinator
- Sits & talks with members and offers support for Recovery efforts
- Stocks Supplies
- General housekeeping/ cleaning of the center
- Facilitates groups/ activities for members based on personal knowledge/ experience
- Alerts Coordinator to safety concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned or, as judgment & necessity dictates which do not contradict those outlined above
- Professionalism exhibited at all times
- Recovery oriented attitude (Recovery is Real!)
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Volunteers wishing to facilitate group activities are to be interviewed, monitored and screened by the Coordinator
- Crisis prevention and staff safety
- Confidentiality guidelines
- Review of standard precautions
- Member Rights and Ethics
- Recovery Center specific training to be provided by staff in the department.
Activities Desired which Need Volunteers/Members:
- How to cook a healthy meal on a budget
- How to create a budget on a limited income
- SMART recovery
- Mindfulness Based Addiction Recovery (MBAR)
- 12-Step Programs
- Fitness (all types)
- Music/ Arts
- Community trips/ sporting events
- Understanding SSI/SSDI/SNAP benefits
- Harm Reduction Techniques
- Job Readiness Supports (resume development, preparing for job interviews, how to dress for an interview, etc.)
- Have another idea? Call us and let us know!
For more information click here.
Join Our Recovery Coach Academy!
A recovery coach is a person trained to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use disorder or addiction.
For more information on becoming a coach, click here.